twitter
rss

This popped up on my list of articles and well…I just have to share this because it’s just so completely…well I’m speechless. I think I find it particularly disturbing due to the children involved being in the same grade as General Disarray. The thought that actions like these would be in the mind of children so young is very upsetting. It’s not that it took place in a public school classroom *although it does highlight the issue of too many children and not enough teachers in classrooms*, because this could have easily taken place in someone’s home, and possibly has.

It’s the fact that children this young are doing these things, and that they even know about these actions. If we are going to allow our children to be exposed to the over-sexed environment in television and movies *even Nickelodeon is guilty of this and has caused us to turn the channel in the middle of a “kid-friendly” episode*, then we must be willing to address what we feel is appropriate and what isn’t, and WHY we feel this way. If we don’t discuss these issues with our children, then who will? It is our job as parents to be PARENTS. Our children will not raise themselves, nor will any school system raise them.

We have to do our jobs, no matter how uncomfortable it may be at times.

“Parents have become so convinced that educators know what is best for their children that they forget that they themselves are really the experts.”~Marian Wright Edelman

Copyright(c)2011 Rayven Holmes

1 comments:

  1. Wow. I don't even know how to respond to this. I hope they are totally mistaken and it's a huge misunderstanding, but I doubt it.

    I actually had to go back and check the top of the article because I couldn't believe this was about kids that age. But you are right, there is so much overexposure now, it's not a healthy culture and we need to speak out about it AND protect our kids.

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, but be warned if you are here to be hateful no one will see your comments...unless I'm in a foul mood at which point I will let my minions loose on you. Muwhahahahaaa. ;)