twitter
rss

Today was a rather lazy school day since I had a long list of items I needed to accomplish. After I got through my list, we tackled some Greek mythology, and I whipped up a batch of sidewalk paint so we could enjoy some outdoor time while the weather was semi-decent.

The boys had a blast with it and it cost me nothing since I already had the supplies in my pantry. I love some free fun, don’t you?!


All you need to make the paint is cornstarch, water, liquid food coloring, and a container to put it in.


Mix equal parts cornstarch and water *it took 2cups of each to make the amounts I have here*, then add in the food coloring. I used about 10 drops for all the colors except the red paint. I started with ten, but it looked like Pepto-Bismol so I put in about another five to six squirts. It still looked a little pinkish to me, but I was out of liquid red food coloring by that point. Plus it didn’t look like Pepto-Bismol anymore so I was content with it. Mix well, and Voila! Easy, Non-Toxic, Earth friendly sidewalk paint.

Our walls are concerte and all the doors are metal so we can use the paint anywhere outside!


Once done with your outdoor fun, you can store it in an airtight container *just add water if it begins to dry out*.


Plan this activity to coincide with an upcoming rainy day, and Mother Nature will clean off your sidewalk/patio for you!

Copyright(c)2011 Rayven Holmes

1 comments:

  1. But wait - was the food coloring organic and all natural? BWAHAHAHA

    This is AWESOME. :-)

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, but be warned if you are here to be hateful no one will see your comments...unless I'm in a foul mood at which point I will let my minions loose on you. Muwhahahahaaa. ;)