twitter
rss

Well our little ol’ blog received an awesome award from Life’s Adventures! Thank you Life’s Adventures! It is the Stylish Blog Award…someone thinks this blog is stylish! How awesome is that?! *WAY Awesome!…Look I’m talking to myself I’m so excited*…

...Anyways, here are the rules and what not:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Pass this on to 15 other great bloggers you recently discovered.

4. Contact the selected bloggers and tell them about their awards.


*Ok I’m tweaking the rules a bit because like with the last award I got I just didn’t get around to telling the folks I selected that I had selected them, and I don’t foresee me being able to do that this time around either. But I’ll still pass it on to 15 bloggers…this will just be my way of contacting you all*.
;-)

Now for 7 facts about myself…oh geez…this could get interesting….

1. I’ve been to many places in my life *and I still have many more places to see and experience*, but I haven’t found anywhere I really call home. Obviously, my current location is “home”, it has my children and my husband. We grow, learn, laugh, and fight in this home. But I don’t feel like I have roots anywhere. Just scattered branches here and there. I’m not sure I ever will have roots anywhere *and I‘m comfortable with that*…which brings me to #2...

2. I’m a nomad, and the thought of staying somewhere too long makes me feel restless. I love the idea of living where we do for as long as we plan to simply because, there is so much to see and do and SO many travel opportunities that I don’t feel like we are stuck. I felt that way in the town we left before The Spouse joined the military. Now I feel like the world is our playground, and there is a strange comfort in that, probably because of what I mentioned in #1.

3. I never planned to homeschool, and truly never even considered it an option for us. As Child #1 moved from a bouncing baby, to a clever toddler, and then a precocious preschooler addressing his educational needs became a reality far sooner than we ever thought they would be. The plan for both boys to attend public school *preferably one near where I would be working or in the same school I would be working in* quickly changed to me seeing no better option than for them to be educated at home. Of course it took some convincing to get The Spouse on board, but it has been a decision I’m very pleased with *even on the rough days*.

4. I get random ideas in my head and try my best to write them down so I don’t forget them. This habit has resulted in various stacks of papers and notebooks. The Spouse refers to them as clutter, I refer to them as moments of beautiful *creative* insanity.

5. I would much rather pop in a documentary to learn something than drop over 500$ on college textbooks that I may only open once or twice. But I’ve been a college student off and on since 2005.

6. My family really is dysfunctionally functional. And yes that probably makes no sense to anyone, but us.

7. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Now to name the lucky 15:

bore me to tears

Finding the Fantastic…

Lost Persons Homeschool

I Capture the Rowhouse

Zachary’s Classroom

You’re Not Lost…

Athena Academy

Enlightened Life

Life With Monsters

St. Louis Homeschool…

Raising Three Thinkers

TWO MOMS’ HOMESCHOOL

Grab Your #2’s

Elle’s Beads Blog

Bill Maher's Blog
*He won’t ever get this…but I love me some Bill Maher! Oh yes I do indeed. LOL.*

Enjoy the award folks! Sorry I can’t swing by each blog and leave a special comment, but I have a to-do list that needed to be done yesterday. I’m sure you all can understand. And once again thanks Life’s Adventures!

Copyright(c)2010 Rayven Holmes

2 comments:

  1. Heya nomadic one! LOL Thanks for sharing the love.

  1. Rayven, somehow you have roots RIGHT HERE in my heart!!!!!!
    Also, CONGRATS on your cool award and I feel very honored to be on your list!
    Now, on to my own monster "to do" list!
    <3

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, but be warned if you are here to be hateful no one will see your comments...unless I'm in a foul mood at which point I will let my minions loose on you. Muwhahahahaaa. ;)